Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, Aimee is entering into her 36th year practicing law. She began her legal career practicing largely in the area of commercial litigation, both in Ohio and Florida. In 1998, Aimee began practicing special education law, supporting children with special needs and their families. Aimee co-founded Special Education Services (SES) in 2001, a non-profit agency whose mission was to help families understand their children’s special education needs and legal rights, as well as to educate parents and provide technical assistance. After eight years of working for Special Education Services, Aimee went back into private practice, continuing to focus on special education law. Aimee is actively involved in due process hearings and federal court proceedings on a variety special education matters. She frequently lectures at various places in Ohio including John Carroll University, The Ohio State Law School, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, The Cleveland Clinic, the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities.
As the parent of a child with autism, Aimee knows first hand the challenges that parents face and is dedicated to helping them navigate the system in order to best serve their child’s needs. Aimee is the author of the “Lighter Side of Special Education” articles which have appeared online for a number of years. In 2002, Aimee was named a Woman of Valor ” aishet chayel” for community service to Cleveland’s special needs families.
Aimee lives in Cleveland with her husband, has two grown children and a variety of animals. An avid runner, Aimee has completed 24 marathons and counting!
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D. 1984 Order of the Coif
- Georgetown University, B.S. in Foreign Service, 1980 Magna Cum Laude
- Admitted to Florida Bar 1985
- Admitted to Ohio Bar 1984
- Admitted to practice – U.S. District Courts:
- Southern District of Florida,
- Northern and Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
Professional Associations & Volunteer Activities
- Past member of the Ohio Department of Education’s Advisory Council on the Alternate Assessment
- Member, OCALI Advisory Board, 2016-present.
- Member of COPAA – Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association