Bullying of a child with a disability implicates that child’s ability to receive FAPE. The school district has an obligation to address the problem as part of the IEP process. Bullying on the basis of disability can constitute a civil rights violation. If your child has been the victim of bullying, don’t wait. Call us.
An Open Letter from the Mother of a Bullied Child
Read about this day in her child’s life and her reactions
Did you know?
Advocates for students with disabilities, including parents, are protected from retaliation by public entities including school districts. When parents suffer retaliation for their advocacy on behalf of their disabled child, they may have a remedy.
How do you know if you have been the victim of retaliation?
- Have you been advocating on behalf of your disabled child?
- Has your school district taken any adverse action against you as a result?
- Have you been reported to Children’s Services?
- Have you been reported to the police?
- Has the school district refused to accept your valid doctor’s excuse when your child is absent?
If you have answered yes to some or all of these questions, you may be the victim of retaliation and/or disability based discrimination.
Contact us if you have questions.